Friday, June 10, 2011
Almost 2 Years
Next week will be 2 years since I last held Mackenzie. Hard to believe. I can't even fathom what my life would be like now with a toddler going through the terrible twos. I'd like to have that life back. The one where I was innocent and naive. The one where you got pregnant and ended the 9 months with a baby. The one where you were picking out birth announcements instead of planning a funeral. The one where you plan an insanely overboard first birthday party instead of having cake at the cemetery. Granted, I'm having those experiences now with my Rainbow baby but it's always jaded by the fear of not making it to that next milestone. Always afraid if I plan something I will jinx myself. This year feels incredibly different than last year. We are going to keep it low key, but I hope it's not so low key that no one remembers the terrible loss we suffered two years ago...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








I can absolutely relate, Ashley. This was us last August. Thinking of you all so much, especially Mackenzie.
ReplyDeletexo
Big hugs
ReplyDeletexxxxx
wanted to come today and leave a note, as we have some things going on that may make it hard for me to come here tomorrow. Mackenzie's beautiful spirit lives on for so many of us. Regardless of what happens in your IRL circle, know that in this community, your girl has touched so many lives and will always, always be remembered. xoxo thinking of you all.
ReplyDeleteAlways thinking of you and Mackenzie! xoxo
ReplyDelete♥ Mackenzie ♥
ReplyDelete