Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mackenzie's First Birthday - Intro

I don't really have the energy to post everything I want about Mackenzie's birthday this past Thursday, but I just wanted to let you guys know that it went perfectly. I took the Wednesday before her birthday, her birthday, and the day after her birthday off work...best decision EVER. It really helped me get things together and relax. I didn't plan much for her actual birthday, but we met my parents & brother for lunch at Chuy's and then later went to the cemetery to release ladybugs, butterflies, and balloons. We had cake on a big blanket and it was just a really nice relaxing time to celebrate her. I cried that morning before getting out of bed, but I pulled it together for the rest of the day. While we were at the cemetery for cake & stuff, 4 of my girlfriends showed up with balloons and flowers so it kind of turned into a party. I LOVE those girls. They have been AMAZING to me through all this and really...you couldn't ask for better friends. The only disappointment for me was not receiving more cards for Mackenzie. No one in my family sent anything...whatever. I even sent out about 50 remembrance cards a week before her birthday thinking that would spur people to maybe get a card or something, but I was wrong. Oh well, I'm not letting it get me down. They are truly the ones missing out on celebrating Mackenzie! She probably won't send any ladybugs their way ;) Oh, one AWESOME thing was that while I wasn't at work my department sent people outside 5 by 5 to release balloons for Mackenzie. They even took pics of each release and sent them to me at the end of the day. They handed out ladybug stickers to all my co-workers, too. That just made my day!!! Here are a few pics to hold you over until I really get into posting in detail:


Me & my hubby with all Mackenzie's party decor :) All the flowers (except the ones in her vase) are from my friends and all but 4 of the balloons are from them, too!

We got two sets of ladybugs to release: one at the cemetery and one at our house in her garden. This is me & my 14 week belly releasing them in her garden. My cat, Pickles, was present as well :)

This last one is me and the 4 of my girlfriends that stopped by for Mackenzie's birthday. You can see the blanket and cake in the background. We released these balloons and we werent paying attention to where we were and most of them popped in the trees. Cool thing was, the only ones that didn't pop were two of the pink ones. I thought it was sweet that the pink ones made it to her <3

I had a party with these friends and a few others on Saturday where I decorated with a ladybug theme! It was so cute...I have pics for later. Anyways, thanks to everyone who was thinking of us and to those of you who sent her a card or gift. It really meant the world to me!!!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a beautiful day.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. how special and beautiful..((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely celebration for little Mackenzie. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 I loved how your day went, just like Nolan's
    #2 I got one card for Nolan, it was from a friend. No family sent a single thing.
    #3 Ive been meaning to email my address and send you a TY card for the notepad I got like a million months ago. (Virtual TY sent your way)
    #4 Our bellies look identical, how far along are you now?
    #5 Email me... ashley.dowaliby@gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a beautiful day.

    Happy 1st birthday Mackenzie

    x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely day! I'm so sorry that your family isn't being more sensitive...I definitely know how that feels!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely day!! Happy 1st Birthday to your sweet girl.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry no family sent any cards. How disappointing. :( I love how you celebrated her. And the cake is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 1st Birthday sweet girl, you had a eautiful day with those who love you and matter the most! I keep seeing ladybug keepsakes and want to buy them all for you!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete