Saturday, October 10, 2009

Walk to Remember 2009



Mackenzie's Grandpa, Grandma, Mommy, Daddy, Uncle, and Nana



Mackenzie's Mommy & Daddy



Mackenzie's Ornament



Hanging Mackenzie's Ornament



Releasing our balloons for Mackenzie



Watching all the balloons float away





Me crying as I think about what those balloons represented...it broke my heart that there were so many



We miss her the most



Our Family
(My dad, mom, brother - me & Mike - Mike's mom)



Mackenzie's family & friends
(Lyndsey, Marissa, Lacey the friend whose baby shower I went to, Tiffany, Mike's mom, my dad, my mom, me, my bro, Mike, Nadia, Will, Jaymie, Falen, Vernon, Naomi, and Christian Falen & Vernon's son)

10 comments:

  1. The tshirts are cute!!! The walk looks so wonderful and I love the balloon release! A great way to remember our babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley--Thanks for sharing those pics! The tshirts look great (despite the ordeal) and you look great. The balloons are wonderful, sorry there were so many, too.
    hugs,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the day went smoothly. Love the shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing tribute to Mackenzie and all of our angel babies. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Tears* Just beautiful and heartwarming the support you had. Hugs, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shirts are great! :)
    We went to a Walk to Remember in Louisville about a month ago. I am so glad that we did. This will be a yearly event for us forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shirts are beautiful. It must have been great having so many people there for Mackenzie and in support of you.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the shirts are beautiful. I'm so glad the walk went well and it looks as though you had nice weather for it. So many balloons....who knew there were so many of us with angel babies? So sad. I'm glad you and your husband had family there with you, too. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant to ask you: Do you have any Mackenzie tartan? My Great-Grandma Murphy was a Mackenzie from Inverness, Scotland before she married my Irish great-grandfather. I have some Mackenzie tartan around and maybe even a book. You could wear tartan - and there are clan pins as well - to remember your wee girl. I'm sure you'll find scads online if it interests you. Just thought I'd mention it...but don't call it plaid!!!! It's tartan, not plaid. ;-)

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful way to honor Mackenzie. I know she saw those balloons and felt her mommy and daddy's love.

    ReplyDelete