Saturday, October 24, 2009

Special Request + Pics

I've contemplated doing this before, but I thought people might think I was weird so I didn't. But maybe some people won't think it's weird & might appreciate the gesture, so here goes:

I want to be able to send a card or something special to baby loss moms (particularly around the time they lost their baby/babies). I've been working on being crafty lately so maybe I'll make something for you...who knows. I don't have anything in particular in mind, but I would like to be able to remember your baby/babies with you. If you are willing, post a comment with or e-mail me (ashley.frederickson@yahoo.com) the following info:
  • Your baby's name(s)
  • The date they passed away (if different than their birthday, include their birthday as well)
  • Your name & address
If nothing else, I at least hope to be able to send you a card. I know it would make me feel better for someone (anyone really) to remember Mackenzie at anytime...especially on her birthday/angelversary.

**********************************************************

As I said above, I've been working on being crafty :) A friend called it "channeling my inner Martha Stewart." Whatever you want to call it, it's just been something to keep me busy and to make me feel good. I've painted pumpkins, made magnets, painted a ladybug ceramic, and put together an arrangement for Mackenzie's vase on her headstone. Here are some pics:



Magnets - of course I made these with ladybugs :)



A small ceramic I painted
(I sprayed it with a glaze to make it shiny)



The back of the ladybug ceramic



I made this arrangement all by myself :)



The arrangement & fall decor at Mackenzie's grave



Mackenzie's lil' pumpkin


I'm no artist, but I tried...


Oh and I dyed my hair back dark. I did it for a couple reasons. First of all, the highlights were grown out and I didn't want to redo it in case it caused my hair to break off. My hair is falling out bad enough and I can't afford to lose anymore. Secondly, I want it all one color before we start ttc again and that's only about 2 months away so I figured now was a good time. Thank God I dyed it when I did...my hair dresser pointed out that I've got gray hair now. What the hell?? I used to never believe that stress makes you go gray, but I know I didn't have gray hair before Mackenzie died. Now I'm a believer...but I'm not too happy about it :(


8 comments:

  1. I wish i was a creative person but im not. i usualy have good ideas but it is getting them to turn out right that i have a problem with. the pumpkin is so cute. And the cards are a lovely idea and definantly not weird at all. Everyone likes their babis to be remembered especialy on a special day. I live in Australia so it is probably too much effort but if i lived closer i would definantly be willing :).
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- you are super talented! I love all of it! I will email you all my info. Thanks for thinking of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet for doing this. I will email you my info as well. And your color looks great. And I love Mackenzies grave--it looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing, Ashley.
    hugs,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks lovely! I hope it stops falling out soon for you. Mine is awfully thin now...groan. Very sweet of you to think of other babyloss mummas. (((Hugs))) to you, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your idea is a really lovely one. One of the reasons I created the Angel Friends list was to be able to have a place I could go to look for those special dates and pray for the mommies and their families. Those dates can be harder than other days so it's nice to know they are remembered.

    I think you are quite creative and crafty! You did great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very talented.. What you have done looks amazing. Mackenzie would be so proud of her mama.. xxxxx

    Your hair is looking beautiful too..

    I love your idea for cards.. It's such a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think what you are wanting to do is so sweet. I know anyone who remembers Jenna's angelversary date is so special. I am moving but will try and email you once life slows down. I want to let you know I do Hope Collages to help create another keepsake in memory of our babies. You can see some examples at

    www.hopecollage.org

    I would be honored to do one for you sweet Mackenzie.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful beautiful beautiful.. the headstone, the crafts, your hair, all of it.

    ReplyDelete