Sunday, November 15, 2009

It wasn't bad at all

My friend Lacey had her baby, Lyla Jo, on Friday the 13th at about 12:10 PM. She weighed 7lbs 11oz. I did great great great with it!! I'm so happy for myself because I had been worried about it for months. I actually held her a lot and it was ok b/c it felt nothing like holding Mackenzie. My sweet baby was 9lbs 7oz, so it felt immensely different to hold a baby who was 2 lbs lighter. That made it easy b/c I can still feel the difference...I can still feel Mackenzie's weight in my arms when I think back to the day I met and held her. She was chubby and I was so proud. I'm still so proud. Nothing against "skinny" babies, but I feel more comfortable holding fat babies because they feel less "breakable." Anyways, I'm rambling, but I just wanted you guys who were thinking of me to know that I made it and it was actually enjoyable. I really believe that God is allowing me some peace right now and allowing me to face these events with ease while still remembering Mackenzie fondly. Actually, in Lacey's hospital room, the bag that the hospital had all her stuff in for after the birth had ladybugs all over it. It gave me a special moment to know that Mackenzie was there with us when her friend Lyla was born. Lacey even gave me a super cute ladybug thing to put on my ladybug shelf for Mackenzie. She said she bought one for Lyla's room and one for Mackenzie. That was really sweet of her!!

On another note, I'm really trying to get into crafts. I'm working on making scrabble tile necklaces, bottle cap necklaces, magnets, clay figures, birdhouses, etc. I'm hoping to make coin purses/make up bags & possibly baby bibs with the sewing machine Mike's grandma gave me today :) Here are pics of the birdhouse I made:






Anyways, I'm thinking of opening up a shop on Etsy and also selling at craft fairs. Any ideas for a name for my "business" ??? I was thinking "Krafts for Kenzie" but since I don't call her Kenzie I was hoping for ideas that are cute and include her name or even ladybugs... Also, does anyone know how to make banners for Etsy or buttons for Blogger? I need a banner on Etsy to make my shop look good and I suck at that sort of thing. Let me know ladies! :)

3 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that you did so well! Yay! (((hugs)))

    Your birdhouse is super cute! You did a great job on it! Hmmm.. the tough part is coming up with a name! Little Ladybug Boutique was the first thing that popped into my head.

    I could manage a button for Blogger but I don't have much to work with scrapbook wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear it went well and that Lyla is healthy! that was really sweet for Lacey to buy something for mackenzie. That's an amazing friend. Good luck on your crafts!
    Laughing Ladybugs or Ashley's Little Ladies (iwth ladybugs in your logo)...gosh I am so NOT creative. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This - "Lacey even gave me a super cute ladybug thing to put on my ladybug shelf for Mackenzie" - brought me to tears. What a loving gesture; Lacey is a very thoughtful person. Thinking of you. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete