Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mackenzie's First Christmas (Pics)

I know it's late, but I wanted to show some of the ornaments that were on Mackenzie's Christmas tree:


Mackenzie's Tree













An ornament I had made thanks to Peyton's mom :)



I got this when we were on vacation in Fredericksburg. It says "Daughter, you're a prayer come true"


Baby's First Christmas - it's a jingle bell


Mackenzie's Baby's 1st Christmas Ornament ~ Hallmark


Ladybug Ornament I ordered off Etsy thanks to a suggestion by Tina :)


Angel Wings from Lea (and Nicholas)


A butterfly from Bree (and Ella)


A baby bootie from Christy (and Leila)


A frog family ornament that I had to get because one of the kid frogs had a ladybug on it :) Bailee & Tyler are my stepchildren, fyi.


The ornament we received at the M.E.N.D. Walk to Remember.
It says "You are loved beyond words, Missed beyond measure, Your life was a blessing, Your memory a treasure." Makes me want to cry everytime I read it.


Received at the M.E.N.D. Christmas Ceremony


The Hallmark series ornament I'm going to start collecting each year for Mackenzie. My mom used to do the same for me & my brother every year and then gave all my ornaments to me when I got married.


This is actually one of *my* Baby's First Christmas ornaments from when I was a baby, but I was just AMAZED at the fact that it had ladybugs on it. I'd never noticed before. I put most of *my* Baby's First ornaments on Mackenzie's tree this year.


*My* Baby's First Christmas ornament that has my first pic with Santa.





The orament my mom gave me with a pic of Mike, Me, and Mackenzie <3




Our family's stockings


Mackenzie's Stocking


The little one next to Mackenzie's was for the baby I was pregnant with at the time :*(


Mackenzie's Christmas present from my parents. It's a ladybug piggy bank :)


If you've read my previous posts you know we announced to my parents that I was pregnant again by giving them a card. Above is the front and inside of the card. Everyone was insanely happy about this grand announcment, but again, if you've read my previous posts you know that I have since lost that baby, too.

*
*
*

Overall it was a nice but bittersweet Christmas, and a shitty New Year. Here's hoping that 2010 gets its act together and brings us some joy to ease the heartaches.

12 comments:

  1. wow you have some beautiful ornaments.
    I am really hoping for you that the year will get better for you. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all such lovely ornaments and mementos. I especially love the pink angel with wings.

    The card you made to tell your parents is wonderful. What a cool way to tell them! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of Mackenzie's ornaments! They are so beautiful! I wish I had thought to put Leannes angel wings on Brystons tree but I will next year now! We let Ty's parents know in a card as well with a picture of the postive pregnancy test. I wish I had kept the card. I am hoping this year is better for us both, we've all had a rough year, Christmas being the worst like yours. If you ever need anything let me know. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mackenzie has a beautiful collection of ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done an amazing job ashley in making sure Mackenzie is not ever going to be forgotten !! She is such a special little girl and even though she was only here for a moment she is forever in our hearts !! I'm there if you need me !! Call me girl !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of the most beautiful posts i've ever seen on this community. such beautiful, meaningful, heartfelt ornaments... they got better and better. so many ladybugs... love the ornament, ladybug bank, and the ladybug on YOUR ornament... so vintage! and oh, the little red stocking next to hers. totally heartbreaking. i am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ornaments are so beautiful :) And how awesome is that, that your baby's first ornament had ladybugs on it!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So many beautiful ornaments. I have the little snowman one too with Ella's name on it. :) I love your Hannah Montana stocking.

    I think about you often. I'm so sorry for the shitty start to the New Year. Praying things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely ornaments, thanks for sharing them. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tree is beautiful and I love all the ornaments. Thank you so much for sharing them. Wishing you the best in 2010 Ashley, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are such beautiful ornaments. What a beautiful tree in honor of Mackenzie.

    *hugs* Here's hoping to a great 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fredericksburg VA???
    i love all of the ornaments! i think it's great that you have so much stuff for her, and that your family remembers and includes her too! mine doesn't :(

    ReplyDelete