Thursday, November 5, 2009

Today, Nov. 5th is my 25th birthday. Although my hubby is working hard to make me feel special, I can't help but think about how this birthday "should" be. Mackenzie should be in my arms. Instead I'm spending the first of many without her. This time last year I was newly pregnant with her. What a shitty difference a year makes.

7 comments:

  1. Thinking of you on your birthday, Ashley. I wont wish you a "happy" birthday as I know that is practically impossible. I turned 29 just 4 weeks after Hope died and I remember - it was hell. I hope your birthday next year does bring you a sliver of happiness as well as all the birthdays that follow, even if they are all spent without your precious Mackenzie.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not looking forward to my birthday this year without my boys. It will be my first birthday without them. It should be one that i am looking forward too as it will be my 21st but i know it is going to be hard.
    I am happy that hubby is working so hard at making it special. And i wish that she was here to celebrate it with you.
    Happy birthday.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ashley! I know it's not the kind of bday you want but I hope that in some way you can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, Ashley. I just had my 39-and-holding birthday a few weeks ago and it was so surreal to be celebrating my birthday the same day our boy should have been turning five months old. Sweet agony. I actually posted on Facebook that it was a bittersweet day to celebrate my birth the same day as our wee boy should have been another month older - just to let people know I couldn't take the happy, happy, celebratory messages. Hope you enjoy some moments today while you remember your special baby girl. Big, big (((hugs))) and hoping you get some chocolate (the good stuff!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I'm so sorry that you cannot spend your birthday like you had pictured.
    This time last year we had also just found out that we were pregnant with our angel Andrew. I've been having a hard time with it. Things should have been so different right now.
    ((HUGS)) to you. I hope you can find a way to somewhat enjoy your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you birthday hugs my lovely. I am really sorry that your darling girl isn't with you like you imagined. I'm glad OH is trying to make you feel special, I have my fingers and toes crossed that although this has been a shitty year for us, we'll be looking back this time next year and our hearts will be more healed and who knows.... thinking of you, I wish things could be different xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a very happy birthday!
    I hope you enjoyed your birthday. I a sure your gorgeous girl was watching over you from heaven.
    thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete