Thursday, July 23, 2009
Just to get me started...
Sooner than later I hope to get around to writing out the full story of our short time with Mackenzie, but today I have things my husband would like me to do and I don't feel like doing them with puffy eyes and a red nose. It's been over 5 weeks now since we said goodbye to Mackenzie and this morning, just like every other morning since then, I woke up dreading the rest of the day. I honestly feel like my life has no meaning. I don't feel like I'm really living anymore, but rather just trying to survive another day. I haven't cried much this week, which is a drastic change from last week...but that fact actually worries me. It feels strange because I know that I'm not "over it" (and never will be) but I'm functioning much better these past few days and I'm scared that maybe I'm in denial or something? I've been trying to face my grief head on. I don't want to be one of those people who avoids it for years and years and then it finally catches up to them when it's too late...and by "too late" I mean people aren't understanding anymore & there's no compassion or support. Maybe it's because this week I've been pouring over other people's blogs and reading their stories and seeing that I'm not the only one dealing with this type of loss. The first blog I came across last week was insanely similar to my own story and I cried all day long reading every post. Reading that blog and so many others has really inspired me and also given me some great ideas for honoring Mackenzie's life and preserving our memories of our brief time with her. For instance, one person has a special, small Christmas tree just for her dead baby and each year she buys an ornament for that child and places it on that tree. I loved that idea!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Mackenzie's mommy, I am soo soo very sorry for your loss. This is a horribly heartbreaking tragedy that no one should have to go through, but please know that there are so many wonderful women here to help you through your journey. I couldn't get though this without them.
ReplyDeleteSending you hugs XO
Christy
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Mackenzie. Losing a child is so very difficult to process, especially when no one around you truly understand. The blog world and the friends I have made through blogging have truly saved my sanity. I hope you are able to find comfort from those of us who understand.
ReplyDeletexx,
Tina
Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I too lost my daughter at 40 weeks 4 days and she too was born the following day, five days past her due date. I am so, so sorry for the loss of Mackenzie. I wish Hope was the last baby to die in this horribly tragic way. I hate seeing new members to the club.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that Mackenzie isn't here with you. It's not fair. I hope you're able to find some comfort with blogging and would like to hear more about Mackenzie. Sending you much love. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI've spent sooo many hours reading other blogs too. It actually took me three weeks after the loss to even find the blogs. I just kept googling for support after pregnancy loss and three weeks later, I was blogging. It really is helpful to see that you're not alone- others are having your crazy, dark thoughts too.
ReplyDelete