Thursday, December 17, 2009

6 Months & The winner is...

Bree @ My Baby Butterfly Ella

Congrats Bree!!! I think I already have your address, so I'll get that right out to you! :)

Today is Mackenzie's 6 month anniversary/birthday. Wow, 6 months? It's felt like a lifetime and then it's felt like it was yesterday. This Christmas is lacking the joy that only a smiling baby could bring and I am really feeling it. My husband and I were planning to get a ladybug tattoo on her 6 month, but doesn't look like I'll be doing that just yet. Beautiful, beautiful little lady...I love and miss you everyday!! Stay close and keep sending those ladybugs :)

***On a side note and update to my last post: I took 2 more pregnancy tests this morning (like the psycho that I've apparently become) and they were both positive. I'm still waiting to hear from the doctor, but I can't imagine they'd say anything but positive. I'm cautiously excited! This is exactly what I wanted for Christmas!! I'm just too scared to embrace it just yet. Feels like one wrong move could send this glimmer of hope right out of my womb. I told my husband last night that I'm going to be a complete FREAK if I am pregnant...well, here's hoping he knew what he was getting into!***

PS~I want to buy a doppler (like the kind they use at the doctor's office to check the baby's heartbeat). Does anyone know of a good one and where to get it?

11 comments:

  1. I came over to your blog yesterday for the giveaway and stumbled over today for the winner. I really hope that the doctor gives you good news. I am awaiting to do a blood test tomorrow. I would be over the moon with a BFP so I can imagine how you are feeling. I lost my son just a couple weeks after you.*hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Bree!

    And I am so EXCITED for you. I hope those results come back positive, I really really do :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the compnay I got mine from http://www.babybeat.com/. They have great customer service. With these you can start to hear the heartbeat around 10 weeks...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard great things about babybeats and storkradio.
    I also know there is a company that does free doppler rentals to those pregnant after a loss - but I can't find their name right now - I'll keep searching.

    It's sounds pretty positive so congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I forgot that when I came here you didn't have the giveaway post up yet, and so I missed it. Oops. Oh well, congrats to the winner.

    I just wanted to say I am very sorry for your loss and I would also like to wish you all the best with your rainbow pregnancy. I'm a babyloss momma too, and unfortunately no rainbows will bless me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thanks, Ashley. What a nice surprise.

    I'm elated about your BFP. There are a lot of pregnancies right now in blogland. You can be a freak with the rest of us.

    Here is where I was looking at renting a doppler. However, I am not getting it anytime soon. It still takes my doctor five minutes to find the heart beat. So I always get ultrasounds instead. I don't want to not be able to find the heartbeat and freak out.
    http://www.bellybeats.com/

    I like this Kick tracker too.
    http://www.omnica.com/omniview_baby_kick.htm

    Now, only if they could make something that could tell me if my cervix was still closed.

    Keep us posted if Jamie gets back to you with the company that provides the free doppler. And, definately let us know more BFP details soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. im with bree... please post publically about the free doppler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aha - after 1.5 hours of searching (I don't give up easily) I found the info!!!

    Hear is the site and doppler rentals is a tab on the top. It is a wonderful organization (I decided not to use a doppler this pregnancy since I have so many u/s - but occasionally almost contact them to get one during my panicky moments)

    http://tinyheartbeats.org/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Bree!! That is a good sign that you got those positives!! I think you are!!

    ReplyDelete