Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mackenzie's First Christmas

This Christmas definitely isn't going to be what I dreamed it to be. This time last year I was newly pregnant and on cloud 9! I couldn't have been happier to be pregnant and it made Christmas so sweet!! My mom bought me an awesome Coach diaper bag and my grandma got me the matching wallet & makeup bag. The only thing I've used of the three is the wallet. I never got to use the diaper bag :( I was so excited about that diaper bag and I didn't want to dirty it before it was time to use it so I kept it in it's pouch and hid it in my closet not to be used until Mackenzie was here. Well, she's not here and that diaper bag is still in it's pouch on the shelf in my closet. Just one of MANY things I never got to use. Luckily (?) it's not gender specific so I could use it with any other baby we may be blessed with, but I wanted to use it with HER!

Of course I wanted this Christmas to be soooo soooo soooo different, but here's what I've done for Mackenzie on her first Christmas (so far). I hope she likes it :)




This little ladybug followed Mike around ALL DAY at work on Monday :) He brought her out to the cemetery to leave for Mackenzie!


This is Mike's little ladybug friend on Mackenzie's Christmas tree :)


I wish I was buying her a Christmas dress, Christmas pj's, Christmas presents, etc. but I guess decorating her grave will have to do...

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful, and I love the ladybug!
    Thinking of you xoxoxox Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree is just beautiful and I'm in tears looking at that lovely photo of Mike's ladybug on Mackenzie's tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a beautiful was of showing your love for your baby girl during the holiday season.

    and i love the fact the ladybug came with you and stayed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is sad that we find comfort in decorating the place where our babies are buried, but this is all we can do for them. It looks lovely and I am sure it is making Mackenzie smile. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet little pink tree. i want it!

    i bought christmas pjs, a pink toy phone, a christmas blanket and bib, and a doll for my kathlyn. really, i couldnt think of a single good reason not to. they will go in her stockings. and i found a baby on the angel tree named "catherine" (close enough) who is 3 months old (also close enough), who i will buy gifts for in my daughter's honor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her tree is so nice. I love the little ornaments on it. I am going back and forth on weather to get poinsettas or some other holiday flower or to stick a little tree in her vase. Not sure yet!! That's so sweet a little ladybug was following him around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely, i know she would love it! we haven't put a tree up yet, but i'm going to torture myself and buy baby's first christmas decorations for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her tree and all the pink ordaments! Its so sweet! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete