Let me explain...
Mackenzie's bedding and nursery theme was ladybugs.
So at the funeral we released 2,000 live ladybugs. At the funeral we handed out ladybug ribbons for people to wear. Her headstone (which still hasn't come in yet) has the same exact ladybug around the border that were on the ribbons at the funeral.
Ladybugs are my "thing" for Mackenzie. Now, everytime I see anything with a ladybug on it I think of her. And everytime I see something ladybug related (within reason) I buy it. Anything that has ladybugs catches my eye. I feel like when I see something with a ladybug it's a sign to me. It's crazy how many ladybug things I've seen since she died. I now have several ladybug stuffed animals, drinking glasses, charm for my charm bracelet, etc.
That being said, this morning I went out onto my back porch to visit with my cats and there was a ladybug on my cats water bowl. I was ecstatic. I yelled to my husband to get my camera and I proceeded to take over one hundred pictures of it (literally). That little ladybug let me move her from the water bowl, to a green plant from the funeral, to a flowering plant from the funeral, and finally to the front yard onto Mackenzie's tree. I'm pretty sure she knew how much it meant to me that she was there. Here are some of the better pictures I was able to take of that beautiful little ladybug.
Mackenzie's bedding and nursery theme was ladybugs.
So at the funeral we released 2,000 live ladybugs. At the funeral we handed out ladybug ribbons for people to wear. Her headstone (which still hasn't come in yet) has the same exact ladybug around the border that were on the ribbons at the funeral.
Ladybugs are my "thing" for Mackenzie. Now, everytime I see anything with a ladybug on it I think of her. And everytime I see something ladybug related (within reason) I buy it. Anything that has ladybugs catches my eye. I feel like when I see something with a ladybug it's a sign to me. It's crazy how many ladybug things I've seen since she died. I now have several ladybug stuffed animals, drinking glasses, charm for my charm bracelet, etc.
That being said, this morning I went out onto my back porch to visit with my cats and there was a ladybug on my cats water bowl. I was ecstatic. I yelled to my husband to get my camera and I proceeded to take over one hundred pictures of it (literally). That little ladybug let me move her from the water bowl, to a green plant from the funeral, to a flowering plant from the funeral, and finally to the front yard onto Mackenzie's tree. I'm pretty sure she knew how much it meant to me that she was there. Here are some of the better pictures I was able to take of that beautiful little ladybug.
On my cats water bowl

On a plant from the funeral


On a flowering plant from the funeral
On Mackenzie's tree









This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI think it's great that you have something that reminds you of her. That's so special.
ReplyDeleteI love lady bugs !!
ReplyDeleteAfter my triplets passed I put a plant from the funeral in our master bathroom. After a few days my bathroom became infested with ladybugs !! They were everywhere !! on the celing on the mirror on the counters. I was thinking this must be a sign becuase they were only in that 1 room. I looked up on the computer "lady bugs" and I learned they were a sign of good luck. Like I told you earlier on another comment I got pregnant again 4 months after the lose of the babies and within a week of finding out I was pregnant again ALL of the lady bugs were gone from the bathroom !! It was truly amazing !! So now I have a tattoo symbolizing the triplets and Aubrey. I have 2 identical flowers ( for the girls Madison & Logan-Makenna) and a dragonfly above the flowers ( for Conner) and a ladybug on the flowers ( for Aubrey) .