Sunday, August 9, 2009

Worth the wait


I took a picture of this recent flyer I got in the mail. One meant for a mommy of a baby that didn't die. I had mixed emotions when I pulled it out of the mailbox. BUT, what I want to say is that Mackenzie was worth the wait/weight.

This flyer hit the nail on the head. I gained 80 pounds while I was pregnant with Mackenzie, but she was definitely worth the weight. All the extra pounds & stretchmarks are worth it because I got to see her and hold her...even if she was already gone.

Even though I never got to see my baby girl alive, it was worth the long wait to see her beautiful face. I would do it all again (although I'd prefer a happier ending) because I had so much fun being pregnant with her, I fell in love with her perfect chubby face as soon as I saw it, and she has brought me a love I would have never known otherwise.

I miss you so so so much baby girl. You were and are still worth everything to me!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you. they are worth the weight and wait. If i knew that it would happen from the start i still would have done it just to see their faces and hold them. for me the love and happiness that it brings definantly out weighs all the pain.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we would all do it the same even knowing the outcome; that is how much we love our children. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i could do it all over again, of course i would try to change things, but even if it all turned out the same, i'd still do it again, just to hold her again. look at her beautiful face again. i miss being pregnant with her, it was so wonderful.
    she was definately worth the wait/weight, but i can't stand it that she's not here to show for it. i miss her so terrible much.
    i wish both our little girls were with us right now. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete