My question is: Can anyone tell me when I should expect to get my first period after having a baby? I delivered Mackenzie 7 weeks ago. Just curious. I'd like to know that my body is back to normal...
Here's what I need to vent about: About 8 of my friends from high school and I still keep in touch and we e-mail in a big group all day long at work. Today, I get to work and one of my friends has sent an e-mail to everyone with the subject line "Bad News." I was like Oh God, what now?! I didn't even want to read it. I don't want anymore bad news. Ever. Anyways, I did read it and here's what is said (maybe not word for word), "Bad news! I have to start taking antibiotics today and my doctor told me I can't drink alcohol with the medicine. This sucks. Now I can't drink at the bachelorette party this weekend with you guys."
Are you kidding me?! That's the freaking "bad news." No, most (if not all) of these girls have no idea what bad news is. Bad news is when the doctor tells you your baby girl, your first ever baby, no longer has a heart beat. Bad news is when you find out that you have to deliver your dead baby vaginally. Bad news is hearing your parents tell you it's best not to see your baby in the casket because she doesn't even look like the same baby because you chose to have an autopsy performed which turned out to be a huge waste of time because it didn't tell you anything and now her birth certificate lists her cause of death as unknown and that same inconclusive autopsy is the reason you didn't get to see your baby one last time! (deep breath) Bad news is what I get every morning when I realize that I am living another day and my daughter is still not here. You can't get drunk this weekend? Boo freaking hoo.
Sorry...I just had to get that out of my system.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








I AGREE....BOO FREAKING HOO...vent away.
ReplyDeleteFor me, six weeks. But I think there is a wide range of what is normal. Then it took us six cycles to fall preg again. I wanted to be pregnant right away. Our bodies are mysterious things.
ReplyDeleteAnd fuck, that is such poor form from your friends. That is NOT bad news at all. I'm with you on all of this. And reading that, my heart sunk as we didn't seen Hope again after her autopsy, but it never occurred to me she might actually look different. It is just too awful and sad for words.
Our stories are so similiar, please know you're not alone and that I'm walking this road ahead of you.
I got mine back after 3 nearly 4 months after my boys were born.
ReplyDeleteThat in no way is bad news. I hate it now when people think that the smalest thing is the end of the world.
The guy from the funeral home rang my sister up and told her not to let me see my boys when they were in the casket. he said that it wouldnt be good for me to see them like that but thankfully i didnt listen and i am so happy that i seen them.
I definantly agree bad news is waking up and having to break the bad news to yourself everyday that they arent here. And yes BOO FREAKING HOO for her.
For me...I had crazy, heavy bleeding for a long while (i have a clotting disorder though.) Then my first normal cycle 3 months later. Sorry if that was TMI. Your "friend" sounds a little self absorbed, I am sorry her words were so hurtful to you. Others just don't get it.
ReplyDeletexx,
Tina
For me, it came 4 weeks after I delivered Sam but I took the medicine that stops your milk from coming in and I'm told makes your cycles return faster.
ReplyDeleteSorry your friends don't get it. xo
i got my period after 5 weeks, unexpectedly early after my c-section. i wsan't expecting that at all. some of my friends have waited much longer than that. it's hard waiting for your body to get things back in order.
ReplyDeleteyeah, i can't stand to hear my friends complain anymore. i just can't fathom how they think it's ok to complain about mundane things in front of me. i just don't get it...
yeah, petty grievances sometimes infuriate me. i'm glad they don't really know what bad news is though. i'd hate for any of them to feel what i'm feeling, waking up every single day without my baby.
ReplyDeleteas for my period, this may be tmi, but i started bleeding the third week after giving birth before i even finished the lochia (just for three days) then got a full 7 day period three weeks later, then another 3 day one a week later, and now i'm on another one less than three weeks later! it's only been 12 weeks! i'm fully convinced my body hates me. i'm sure i didn't ovulate all those times, but if i did, it'd be heartbreaking.
ps. did you get my last email?
Leila's Mommy: Im sorry...I didn't get your e-mail!! :( My e-mail is Ashley.Frederickson@yahoo.com.
ReplyDeleteI got my first post period the day of my 6 week check up. Even though, I bled for almost 4.5 weeks after the birth. I hope your's shows up soon.
ReplyDeleteI find dealing with friends and family is one of the hardest aspects of all this. I wanted the universe to stop. I wanted everybody elses lives to revolve around my loss. And the fact is, my loss wasn't their loss, it wasn't their reality. And, I don't think they could ever comprehend the gravity of this type of loss unless it was their own. So, my friends and family keep on bitching about their stupid problems despite the fact that I'm sitting right in front of them - a walking tradegy in itself. I've had to distance myself from most of the people in my life. Which is so sad because good friends and family are needed most right now.
Ugggghhh!! I hate it when people whine about such stupid things that don't even really matter!!!!!!
ReplyDelete