Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Good Day

I spent the day with my mom and dad shopping for the perfect place to store the special things I have for Mackenzie. It was a good day. It felt good to be doing something for my daughter/their granddaughter. We went to antique shops and then to some other modern furniture stores. We found several cedar chests, trunks, etc. I didn't buy one yet...I can't make up my mind. It's going to be a place where I store the things I had for Mackenzie that are special to me and that I never want to get rid of or use again. I will never re-use her bedding set on another baby (should I be so lucky to have another...that I can bring home). There are certain outfits that I intended just for her. The letters I handmade spelling out her name that hang above her crib. Things other people made especially for her. You get the idea.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Lea made angel wings for Mackenzie. Aren't they beautiful???

Thanks again, Lea! :)

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures of Mackenzie are beautiful. Heartbreaking yet beautiful. And so familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you had the courage to go through her stuff? i haven't yet. my best friend boxed everything up for me and stored it away til i'm ready. and i have no idea when that will be.
    the angel wings are lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leila's Mommy: No, I definitely have not had the courage to go through her stuff. I can barely find the strength to go into her room. Before I got home from the hospital my dad & husband went to the house and put anything baby related into her room and shut the door. I just couldn't stand the thought of walking into my bedroom and seeing her cradle there next to my bed.

    ReplyDelete